Thursday, July 5, 2007

Summertime Reading

Books I've read this summer:

     

March by Geraldine Brooks-simply loved it, historical fiction, my favorite style right now.

The Secret Life of the Lonely Doll by Jean Nathan-a biography of Dare Wright, very well written and fascinating

Ocracoke in the Fifties by Dare Wright-who the biography above was about so I very much enjoyed this book as well

Nights in Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks-this book drug on and on to be so short, not a fan, only read it because we saw the house on the OBX where the movie, starring Richard Gere, was filmed.

   March             

One more addition that I had forgotten about. I also finished up Answered Prayer by Truman Capote. I started this one a few months back after I read In Cold Blood (which was excellent). I suppose I was expecting something with a more cohesive story. It was an unfinished work of his and based on true life situations he found himself in, with thinly veiled characters. It was interesting but not really my cup of tea. It did feel incomplete. Capote was a fascinating figure, to say the least.

No comments: