Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Recovering from our Ocracoma

We're home! We've been home since Sunday night but it is so difficult to get back into the swing of things again after a weeklong ocracoma! We went to the beach nearly everyday, we swam, cycled, walked, shelled, kayaked, ate and shopped. It was so lovely. While its good to be home, I miss Ocracoke. It is so beautiful there, but all the publicity lately has drawn a lot more tourists. I've been visiting there since I was a little girl, over thirty years, so I don't consider myself one of those tourists....LOL. What would you call me then?

I noticed this year, more than any other year, so many rude, fast paced people who needed to chillax and slip into the slower pace on the island. I won't say they ruined the trip, but they were an annoyance. I hope the publicity dies down a bit. Here are a few of my favorite pictures of the trip.

On the ferryboat Ocracoke.

All four in the waves...

Now I'm dreaming of next year....

 

 

 

No comments: