Sunday, November 5, 2006

Autumn...My Favorite Time of Year, at least til Spring!

So much time has passed since the last entry. How sad that I can't keep up with it any better than this. On the other hand, nice to be so busy I guess.

Where to begin....School has started of course, and we are seeing the final public school year of our dear daughter. She is facing this whole big wide world and it is scary. We are not sure where she is going to college, though chances are it will be very close by. She isn't ready to fly the coop for too far away.

Dear Son #1 is a sophomore and is anticipating getting his liscence in the spring. He's in no hurry. I don't blame him. If I had had a sister to drive me around everywhere I never would have gotten mine. LOL.

Dear Son #2 is in 4th grade and has lots of homework. We literally have to stand over him to make him get it done. Not at all a self motivator. What happened with that one? He actually does very well on tests though, so he retains what he hears, he's just not into the nuts and bolts of it all.

And then there is DS#3. Kindergarten is awesome! That is what he says when you ask him. He has two teachers who share one position. One of them is just precious. The other, not into warm fuzzies. I think she would make a better 5th grade teacher, but I suppose it is a good balance as he must wean away from the warm fuzzy types after the loving preschool he had.

We made our annual fall trip to Blowing Rock and it was beautiful. It was rainy our first day there but gorgeous leaf viewing occurred after that. DD walked the campus at Appalachian State just to get a feel for it. She may apply. Who knows?

Two October birthdays were celebrated, one turned 16 the other 6. What a range of ages we have. It makes for some wild times, some fun times and some stressful times. I guess that is what makes the family machine roll along. Until next time...

No comments: