Sunday, November 19, 2006

Almost Thanksgiving

Here we are, a few days from Thanksgiving and my house is a big ol mess! I am trying to get organized...but I fail miserably. We had a busy weekend, Jen was in the Concord Christmas Parade representing Mount Pleasant as Miss Mt. Pleasant High School and she rode atop my Mini Cooper with Daddy driving. It was fun and we got to catch up with so many old friends from our years of living in the big city of Concord. Now that we are in the county, we seem to have lost touch. It was a long day, and besides Jen's crown not wanting to stay on (She finally had to slide it onto the Mini's antennae) and the fact that my pictures turned out blurry for some reason, the parade was so very nice. However, our ride home was not so nice. I had Jen, Dave, and Mike with me in the Avalanche and as I was just cruising through a very, very green light ( I have two witnesses) an older man pulled across my path. I slammed on the brakes with both feet and I missed his jeep, but he was pulling a trailer with a four wheeler on it and we hit that. As you can see from the photos, it messed the truck up pretty bad. No one was hurt, thank God, and we had to wait and hour and a half for the police to finally get to us but all is well now, except for my jangled nerves, and stiff legs from the force of pushing so hard on the brakes, but I guess I'm okay. All the way home last night I was on edge, expecting cars to jump out at me at any moment. Yikes! I hate having a wreck! It turns out, the man who pulled in front of me lives very close by. Small world. Well, that's all for today. Hope all is well with everyone out there!

No comments: