Sunday, May 17, 2009

New Semester


Well, with two classes behind me and a 4.0 GPA I'm looking forward to starting my math class on Wednesday. I've been on a short break and I actually miss it. Whether I feel that way midway through July remains to be seen. My instructor is supposed to be really good, but...she's going on maternity leave soon, so I hope her sub is equally as good. Learning for learning's sake...who would've thought.

My 6th grade son has been inspired to do a research paper on the War of 1812, a part of history I learned and shared with the family this past semester. It is such an important war, yet very underplayed in our history. I believe part of the reason it is underplayed has to do with the supernatural elements that occurred during the war. In my belief, God intervened to establish this nation.

I've been reading "The Unlikely Disciple" by Kevin Roose....I wish I could go to Liberty University. He isn't really endorsing it, in fact it is sort of an expose, but it makes me wish I'd gone to college there. It is Christian training camp accelerated. It is in the home town of my father and grandparents, Lynchburg, Va. I grew up visiting there about once a month to visit family my whole childhood. Once we moved to Mississippi I have only been about 6 times in 26 years. So sad really. Even here in NC, I don't get to Virginia like I should. Life gets in the way. Speaking of, tomorrow is a day of errands to complete before class starts. Time to get my daughter a new phone as she dropped hers almost immediately after getting it and the screen cracked. It has been usuable since, but sad looking. We are replacing with a cheapie one I think. Who knows once we get in there and the pretty phones are calling our names.....

No comments: