Tuesday, August 2, 2005

Love to Laugh

Michael slept in a little this morning so he missed the early morning pancakes. I set my coffee down on the table near him while I cut and warmed up his pancakes. I gave them to him and walked back toward the fridge asking, "Do you want some milk?" and he says just so deadpan...."No, that's okay, I've got coffee." (He does not drink coffee) Anyway, I laughed and said...."You are so funny! You could be a comedian when you grow up." and then he said..."What's a comedian?" to which I answered..."A comedian is someone who makes people laugh as their job."

Michael responded so very seriously..."Mama, that's a clown."

My new favorite movie is "March of the Penguins". It really is a love story. I read an article about how the movie studios were reluctant to release wintry type movie in the middle of summer, but I have to say it was perfect. Besides, the movie theaters keep their thermostats down to about 60 degrees so you feel icy to begin with and all that wind and snow blowing around you feel quite cold, which isn't a bad thing when the temperature outside hovers around the mid 90's. Anyone that enjoys a good love story and nature should really go see this movie. Morgan Freeman narrates and I could listen to him read the Iliad. It is rated G and I think family movies should get as much support as possible to prove to Hollywood they can succeed and people will come to the movies if we aren't assaulted by profanity, vulgarity and violence. Okay, stepping off soapbox.

Well, we'll be off to Charlotte for an othodontist appointment. Have a great day!

No comments: